Bamboo International School
We are looking for candidates who are as passionate about the growth and development of the precious children in our care as we are.
Salary: $12.50 to $17.00 /hour
This is an exciting opportunity to grow with a blossoming business comprised of a unique team of ambitious educators. If you have ever desired to share your love for children, passion for education, knowledge and skills with children, families, and staff, the Bamboo preschool can be part of your future.
We serve our community well by offering our students Kindergarten preparation, Math, Music, Drawing, and a warm and homey atmosphere where parents know their child will be safe and happy.
We provide a five day per week, a full-year program of education supporting the development of the whole child. More about our mission and offerings can be found at http://bamboointlschool.com.
You will serve as the leader of a team of staff and volunteers that provide high-quality child care and education for children in our community. Your responsibilities will include those of a lead teacher; planning and implementation of a student-centered curriculum that prepares children for Kindergarten, daily teaching and supervision of children ranging from 16 months old to 5 years old, on-going assessments resulting in quarterly progress reports; hiring, orienting, supervising, and evaluating staff; recruiting and enrolling children; serving lunches and menu planning; establishing and maintaining positive relationships with families; complying with licensing regulations of the Office of Child Care; developing and implementing program policies for families and staff; communicating with owner and other duties as required to maintain a healthy and safe environment for children.
- 15 clock hours or more of training or schooling in early childhood education
- Experience supervising and teaching children
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to be discreet and to honor confidentiality
- Enrollment in Office of Child Care Central Background Registry
- Current food handlers certification, first aid/CPR, and training in child abuse detection and reporting
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with director, staff, and parents.
- Ability and willingness to work as a team member
- Flexible, dependable, and highly organized.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to compromise and problem solve.
- Good initiative, flexibility, dependability and organizational skills.
- Strong sense of professionalism.
- Strong classroom management skills
- Must be willing to show mentorship to new assisting teachers
- As a lead teacher, you will be required to make sure that the classrooms are operating properly during all operating hours.
- Able to work with children ages: 16 months old – 5 years old
- Work experiences: High School Diploma + 5 years teaching experiences OR Associate degree + 3 years teaching experiences OR Bachelor Degree + 1-year teaching experiences
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter, resume, and three references